Feeling weak and moody? Perhaps youre gaining weight despite eating healthy and working out? If youre a man past middle age, these signs might indicate that youre going through andropause.
Also known as male menopause, this condition triggers a decline in sex hormone levels. It usually occurs in men between the ages of 40 and 60, causing low sex drive, weight gain, muscle loss, and moods swings. Testosterone deficiency is the culprit behind these symptoms.
As men age, their testosterone levels decrease. After 40, your T production declines at the rate of approximatelyone percent per year. The only way to slow down this process is to stay physically active and eat a balanced diet.
However, healthy eating and exercise are not always enough. Your T levels depend on a variety of factors that you cannot control, such as genetics and certain health conditions. In this case, hormone replacement therapy can help.
Middle-aged men often experience weight gain, mood swings, low sex drive, and other symptoms. Some ignore them, while others try to find the root cause of the problem. Most times, andropause is the culprit.
This condition involves the age-relatedchanges in male hormone levels. It all starts with testosterone deficiency. As your T levels drop, your metabolism and body composition change.
Male menopause is a normal process. Even though it usually occurs after the age of 40, it can affect younger men too. A diet high in protein and healthy fats combined with strength training can prevent muscle loss and keep your T levels high.
Approximately30 percent of menbetween ages 60 to 70 have low T levels. This condition also affects up to 70 percent of those between ages 70 to 80. It causes physical, emotional, and sexual symptoms, taking a toll over their lives.
Male menopause symptoms vary from one man to another. In general, these include:
Some men may also experience a decrease in testicle size and loss of interest in sex. Over time, testosterone decline can lead to weight gain, which is a major risk factor for heart disease, insulin resistance, and diabetes.
Low libido and erectile dysfunction are common symptoms of male menopause. Men struggling with these issues often lose their confidence, which reflects on their personal and professional lives. It also puts them at risk for depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders.
These symptoms are non-specific and occur gradually. Thats why theyre usually ignored or overlooked. For instance, if youre gaining weight, you might think its because of bad eating or lack of exercise.
The only way to diagnose andropause is to test your hormone levels. With a simple blood test, doctors can measure the total and/or bioavailable testosterone in your system. They may also use specific questionnaires for diagnosis.
Andropause is not a disease, but an age-related condition characterized by hormonal changes. Its existence has been subject to debate for years.
Certain lifestyle factors can accelerate the onset of andropause. Overweight and obese men, as well as those with a sedentary lifestyle, are more likely to experience this condition at an early age. Genetics, reduced sexual activity, alcohol abuse, and smoking play a role too.
Stress contributes to this condition as well. When the stress hormone cortisol levels increase, testosterone production drops. Elevated cortisol also affects lean mass and slows down your metabolism, which further accelerates andropause.
Sleep deprivation, for instance, raises cortisol levels. Inclinical trials, testosterone levels dropped by 10 percent to 15 percent in men who slept less than five hours per night for one week.
Additionally, high cortisol may lead to insulin resistance and obesity. Both conditions play a key role in the onset of male menopause.Weight gainhas a direct impact on testosterone levels; the heavier you are, the less testosterone your body produces.
Most symptoms of male menopause can be prevented or reversed through lifestyle changes.
Strength training, for example, is one of the best ways to naturally boost your T levels. A diet rich in protein and low in sugar helps build lean mass, leading to fat loss and muscle growth.
Ever wonder why most male bodybuilders in their 40s and 50s look so lean and shredded? In fact, youd never guess their age. Thats because they lift heavy and eat clean.
Exercise, especially weight training,stimulates testosterone production. Compound movements like the squat, deadlift, and bench press are particularly effective. They promote muscle growth and boost your metabolism, which in turn, increases T levels.
Another option ishormone replacement therapy. This form of treatment uses bioidentical hormones to reverse male menopause symptoms and improve your health.
Testosterone can be administrated through patches, gels, capsules, or injections depending on your needs. A qualified physician will assess your symptoms and prescribe the most appropriate treatment.
Bioidentical hormonesare safer and more effective compared to OTC supplements and testosterone boosters.
The benefits of hormone replacement therapy go beyond higher T levels. Youll feel more confident and energized, lose fat, and gain strength. Your sexual performance may improve too.
Dont let andropause take over your life! From exercise and healthy eating and hormone replacement therapy, there are lots of ways to naturally boost your T levels.
Also, try to limit stress. Get plenty of rest and squeeze more me time into your schedule. Lack of sleep, heavy workload, and daily worries can negatively impact your hormone levels and overall health.
Take the steps to restore your testosterone levels before its too late.Find a doctortoday to learn more about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and its benefits. Together, we can find a treatment plan that best suits your needs.
See the original post here:
What Is Andropause and How Can You Treat It …
- Andropause or Male Menopause: What Causes It? - HealthXchange - February 2nd, 2019
- Andropause - Women's International Pharmacy - September 15th, 2018
- Are You Experiencing Andropause? - PornHub.com - September 11th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy / Andropause Olympia ... - May 30th, 2018
- What is Andropause? - Global Healing Center Health ... - May 27th, 2018
- Andropause - Male Menopause with Low Testosterone Levels - May 25th, 2018
- Midlife Crisis - Andropause Society - Testosterone Deficiency - May 14th, 2018
- Andropause & Testosterone Treatment Singapore | Men's Health - April 26th, 2018
- Top 8 Andropause Natural Treatment Options ... - April 26th, 2018
- Andropause Symptoms | Andropause Symptoms - April 2nd, 2018
- Andropause and Mental health Issues Psychological ... - February 18th, 2018
- Advanced Health and Vitality - February 9th, 2018
- Night Sweats In Men | Help For Night Sweats - January 31st, 2018
- Male Andropause Hormone Testing | ZRT Laboratory - November 18th, 2017
- Is Andropause Real? - Doctor Murray - October 7th, 2017
- Is Menopause Misery a Disease? - South Florida Reporter - September 4th, 2017
- Super kamagra - Super kamagra usa - Forward Florida - August 31st, 2017
- Anatomy and physiology of ageing 8: the reproductive system - Nursing Times - August 29th, 2017
- Do men go through menopause? - Bel Marra Health - August 23rd, 2017
- Kamagra soft tablets - Kamagra soft tabs - Filipino Express - August 20th, 2017
- Viagra super active canada - Best over the counter viagra alternative - The Santa Clara - August 20th, 2017
- Buy kamagra oral jelly sydney australia - Bournville Village - August 8th, 2017
- Risks of taking expired viagra - Viagra and red bull safe - The Maravi Post - August 2nd, 2017
- Jury: AbbVie should pay $150M for Androgel marketing; AbbVie ... - Cook County Record - July 31st, 2017
- AndroGel Testosterone Lawsuit Plaintiff Awarded $150 Million for ... - RX Injury Help (press release) (blog) - July 31st, 2017
- Golden Lion Review (UPDATED 2017): Don't Buy Before You Read This! - Diets In Review (blog) - July 11th, 2017
- How aging changes a man's reproductive system | www.qgazette ... - Western Queens Gazette - July 8th, 2017
- Dumaguing: Do men undergo menopause? | SunStar - Sun.Star - July 7th, 2017
- Andropause: Male 'Menopause' - Jewish Link of New Jersey - July 6th, 2017
- How aging changes a man's reproductive system - Western Queens Gazette - July 5th, 2017
- What Are the Signs of Male Menopause? - July 3rd, 2017
- Men, your biological clocks are ticking too - Mumbai Mirror - Mumbai Mirror - June 24th, 2017
- Rawlings suffering from andropause at age 70 - Mallam Issah - GhanaWeb - June 24th, 2017
- Testosterone Support Still Going Strong in Men's Supplements ... - Nutritional Outlook - June 17th, 2017
- The Physical Pain Of Aging Is Not Inevitable - Forbes - June 17th, 2017
- What is Ostarine and Why are Weightlifters Taking It? - The Barbell Spin (blog) - June 17th, 2017
- Bayer levitra professional pro - Cheap levitra professional - Levitra professional overnight delivery - MassisPost - June 5th, 2017
- Online video poker ratings - Gambling site - Casino games online in usa - MassisPost - June 5th, 2017
- No download casinos for mac - Best line casino - Best rated us online casino - MassisPost - June 2nd, 2017
- Leading American Male Health Clinics Released in New Report - Digital Journal - June 2nd, 2017
- French kiss video - Chatham ontario - Widowed women - MassisPost - June 2nd, 2017
- Shim Clinic Providing STD and HIV Testing Facilities at its Centers in Singapore - satPRnews (press release) - June 2nd, 2017
- Boost sex drive: These are the five supplements EVERY man should be taking - Express.co.uk - May 26th, 2017
- Millendo Therapeutics Announces MLE4901 Data Presentations at ... - Business Wire (press release) - May 16th, 2017
- Why Is The Risk Of Getting Cancer Higher Than It Used To Be? - Forbes - May 12th, 2017
- Physical Exercise for Men With Andropause - satPRnews (press release) - May 12th, 2017
- Of men's physical problems - The Herald - May 12th, 2017
- Successful Aging and the important role hormones play - Glendale Star - May 12th, 2017
- Low libido? This may be the reason - Bel Marra Health - May 3rd, 2017
- 9 Surprising Facts About Your Sex Drive (and Your Partner's!) - The Good Men Project (blog) - April 30th, 2017
- Male Menopause: The Hidden Cause of Mid-Life Marriage Meltdown - The Good Men Project (blog) - April 28th, 2017
- Worried about low T? Treatments unlikely to deliver what they promise -- and could hurt you - Genetic Literacy Project - April 26th, 2017
- Dr. Paul Clayton, SSO of Gencor and Researcher of Testofen, is Interviewed on FiveHundo.com - Yahoo Finance - April 26th, 2017
- Is male menopause real? Low testosterone level signs and treatment tips - Bel Marra Health - April 24th, 2017
- A sports car with an attractive price - Reflejos - April 24th, 2017
- Depressed and Craving Carbs? - Newsmax - April 21st, 2017
- Irritable Male Syndrome: The First Hidden Cause of Mid-Life Marriage Meltdown - The Good Men Project (blog) - April 16th, 2017
- Can osteoporosis be reversed? 14 natural ways to treat osteoporosis - Bel Marra Health - April 8th, 2017
- The one thing every man should do for his health - Bel Marra Health - April 1st, 2017
- Mood swings in men (irritable male syndrome): Causes, symptoms, and prevention - Bel Marra Health - March 22nd, 2017
- Voveran sr navartis - Voveran sr novartis - Novartis voveran sr 100 - 5685 Completed ORDERS Today! - Barnsdalltimes - March 19th, 2017
- 'I'm applying for disability': Not-so-Average artist's life takes a new turn - The Province - March 15th, 2017
- Hot flashes after eating or drinking: Causes and treatment tips - Bel Marra Health - March 11th, 2017
- Managing menopause | UDaily - University of Delaware - UDaily - March 8th, 2017
- Not much advantage to testosterone replacement - Midland Daily News - March 8th, 2017
- Case Closed: Testosterone Does Not Boost Cognition | ALZFORUM - Alzforum - February 25th, 2017
- Zynev Warning Review - Don't Buy Before You Read This! - Diets In Review (blog) - February 16th, 2017
- What's in store: Chronos - bestofneworleans.com - February 15th, 2017
- Estremera: Suicide | SunStar - Sun.Star - February 15th, 2017
- Male menopause patients are increasing: Doctor - ETHealthworld.com - February 9th, 2017
- Testosterone Booster, Male Menopause (Andropause) and Hormones - December 26th, 2016
- Late-onset hypogonadism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 19th, 2016
- Andropause - Causes, Symptmes, Traitement, Diagnostic - canoe.ca - October 15th, 2016
- [Testosterone and depression in men aged over 50 years ... - October 7th, 2016
- Klimakterium virile Wikipedia - August 29th, 2016
- BodyLogicMD - Andropause: The Male Menopause - October 23rd, 2015
- Andropause: Dealing With Male Menopause - September 29th, 2015
- Andropause Symptoms :: Male Menopause Symptoms - September 23rd, 2015
- Andropause: When Guys Get 'The Change' | Lisa Turner - September 8th, 2015
- Masters Men's Clinic For Andropause (Male Menopause ... - August 16th, 2015