Vitamin D or the sunshine vitamin is one of the most significant nutrients a body needs. It influences and impacts a large number of bodily functions and conditions. This is the only vitamin which body produces under sunlight. Vitamin D plays an acute role in overall health.
Why this nutrient is most important in a mans health is due to the effect it inflicts on testosterone levels. A vitamin D deficient man will have a lower testosterone count. Vitamin D and testosterones are directly related.
So what exactly is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, that gets absorbed through the small intestine with dietary fat and is stored in the body tissues. Unlike other water-soluble vitamins, Vitamin D stays in the body for longer so if taken in excess can cause toxicity.
Vitamin D can be introduced to your body through dietary sources such as milk and other dairy products, eggs, fish and not-so-tasty and stinky cod liver oil. Sun is the best source considered to host Vitamin D in thebody, as it exposes the body to UV rays which in result naturally produce vitamin D.
Impact of Vitamin D on mens testosterone and estrogen levels
Men with inadequate levels of vitamin D levels are shown to have lower levels of the hormone called testosterone as compared to those with adequate levels. Testosterone plays a pivotal role in maintaining muscle strength and libido in men. This wonder hormone ramps up your potential for muscle-building speeds up metabolism for weight loss and boosts fertility.
Vitamin D also impacts a mans estrogen on so many levels. Vitamin D regulates a males reproduction, maintains a healthy balance of calcium and increase bone health. It is essential for signaling estrogen in the body to ensure a good sperm count.
Male estrogen (estradiol) balances testosterone levels by enhancing brain, bone, and sexual health. Estrogen and testosterone have a very significant relationship. In overweight or obese men, the estrogen levels rise and create an imbalance between testosterone and estrogen resulting in excess weight gain, loss of muscle strength, libido and mood swings.
These reasons back the alarming rate of prostate cancer and cardiovascular diseases in men worldwide. So, by fulfilling bodys Vitamin D needs all such issues will be avoided.
Where Does Vitamin D come from?
Sun exposure is an excellent source for getting natural and ample vitamin D. But do you know how this process takes place? How can a ray of sunlight feed you vitamin D? Fascinating eh? When the ultraviolet rays hit your skin, the cholesterol found in your skin absorbs it and converts to vitamin D for the body to use.
The other sources of vitamin D are the supplements you intake and the daily routine diet that you follow. Go and a peek inside your pantry to notice how many vitamin D enriched food products do you entertain on a daily basis.
Your gut transfers the vitamin D from food or supplementary sources towards the liver where it is activated by transformation. Vitamin D enrich foods include fish, dairy products, fortified cereals, citrus fruits, and juices etc.
Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency
The most pivotal role Vitamin D plays in the body is keeping immune function intact and strong so you are capable of combating viruses, infections, and bacteria to overcome any kind of ailment. Some of the very symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency are mentioned below.
Read the original here:
- The Untold Testosterone Story for Women | Dr. Tami - May 31st, 2018
- Pregnenolone Weight Loss Regimen: The Master Hormone for ... - February 21st, 2018
- Fitness for Weight Loss Blog - February 8th, 2018
- Dr. Marlowe's Weight Loss Institute. 400 Clarice Ave ... - February 8th, 2018
- Testosterone and Weight Loss -How do they affect each other? - January 31st, 2018
- Synergenx Health, Testosterone & Weight Loss - Yelp - December 25th, 2017
- Testosterone and Rapid Weight Loss | Iron Man Magazine - December 6th, 2017
- Testosterone - Medical Center Weight Loss Clinic - San ... - October 6th, 2017
- Testosterone and Weight Loss - October 1st, 2017
- Weight and cancer risk - MyDaytonDailyNews - September 6th, 2017
- How to ensure your body gets the right balance of hormones - Economic Times - September 6th, 2017
- Day or night ... why anytime is the right time for getting a good workout - Belfast Telegraph - September 6th, 2017
- Chemotherapy drugs for colon cancer - Clenbuterol cycle for female weight loss - Magnetic Media (press release) - September 3rd, 2017
- Five ways to overcome testosterone decline - The Sport Review - September 3rd, 2017
- polycystic ovarian syndrome: A common cause of female infertility - NIGERIAN TRIBUNE (press release) (blog) - September 2nd, 2017
- How obesity can lead to erectile dysfunction - TheHealthSite - September 2nd, 2017
- A story of 'enduranz' - Business Mirror - August 31st, 2017
- Why you need to go off keto - Mumbai Mirror - August 28th, 2017
- Here Are The Answers To The Most Asked Question About Bodybuilding Steroids - MensXP.com - August 25th, 2017
- Obesity and its implications on sexual heath - The Navhind Times - August 25th, 2017
- How food can help, harm fertility - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette - August 25th, 2017
- Male hair loss: Three ways to reduce YOUR risk of going bald - Express.co.uk - August 25th, 2017
- Bigelow Center presents free talk by Dr. Woznitzer - Fairfield Sun - August 24th, 2017
- Real Men Wear Gowns: Why men aren't taking their health seriously - KARE - August 18th, 2017
- SEXUAL HEALTH: It's no laughing matter - Daily Nation - August 18th, 2017
- Researchers Track an Unlikely Culprit in Weight Gain - New York Times - August 11th, 2017
- Top health benefits of green chillies - The Statesman - August 11th, 2017
- The Strength Of Strength Training - Outlook India - August 11th, 2017
- The best time of the day for your team to be productive - Human Resources Online - August 11th, 2017
- Man flu is real, but women get more autoimmune diseases and allergies - Medical Xpress - August 7th, 2017
- Albuterol sulfate overdose treatment - How fast does albuterol work for weight loss - Hayati Magazine (blog) - August 2nd, 2017
- Myth 1: Weightlifting Makes You Bulk Up - POPSUGAR Australia - August 2nd, 2017
- Fitness trends - Daily News & Analysis - August 2nd, 2017
- Trying to conceive? Think about your diet - Independent Online - August 2nd, 2017
- FINA Announces Three Doping Suspensions - SwimSwam - July 31st, 2017
- Can Testosterone Help You Lose Weight? | Men's Fitness - July 31st, 2017
- Trying to conceive? Think about what you're eating - Stuff.co.nz - July 31st, 2017
- AbbVie Ordered to Pay $150 Million Damages in 'Low-T' Trial - Bloomberg - July 31st, 2017
- What military recruiters aren't telling women: You'll face disproportionate health risks - Los Angeles Times - July 31st, 2017
- The Top 5 Myths About Weightlifting That Need to Be Busted - POPSUGAR - July 31st, 2017
- 7 Beets Benefits For Your Health, From Losing Weight To Better Sex - Medical Daily - July 31st, 2017
- What Men should Know About Testosterone and Weight Loss - July 10th, 2017
- 5 'No Brainer' Rules Of Starting A Weight Loss Journey For Beginners - MensXP.com - July 10th, 2017
- Why Can't I Get Rid Of My Belly Fat? Here Are 7 Reasons - Huffington Post Australia - July 10th, 2017
- Amazing Weight Loss & Wellness - Flower Mound, TX | (972 ... - July 8th, 2017
- Does when we eat matter - Independent.ie - July 8th, 2017