When it comes to womens weight loss, testosterone plays a surprisingly important role. Its the unknownkey to getting leaner and healthier.
Weight loss all comes down to calories. Eat less than you burn off each day and slowly but surely your body mass will come down.
Ans while fat loss is primarily to do with energy in and energy out, hormones are important influencers on appetite, energy expenditure, fat oxidation and even whereyou burn body fat.
Theres a new weapon in the war against body fat: testosterone.
Heres how to harness the power of your natural hormones and discover a slimmer, stronger, more confident you.
Testosterone is a naturally-occurring steroid hormone made in your ovaries, adrenal glands and peripheral tissues.
Although guys have 10-15 times more circulating testosterone in their blood, T is still really important for female health, wellness and physical performance.
For women, your steroid hormones help you maintain healthy bone and muscle mass, it keeps your skin and nails looking fresh and young, boosts your mood and also regulates your sex drive.
T isnt a hormone that causes you to look masculine, have facial hair and a deep and booming voice. It wont make you big and bulky, or broad-shouldered and manly either.
At 25-70 ng.dL you dont have anywhere near enough testosterone in your blood to worry.
The benefits of testosterone for women include:
Between the ages of 20 and 40, many women experience a huge drop off in natural testosterone levels.
This could leave you with clinically low testosterone levels by the time you reach 45. In fact, a worryingly high 90% of females will suffer the effects of low hormone levels.
And most wont even realize.
So why is low testosterone an issue for women?
Well the side effects are pretty varied and also potentially quite serious too. They include:
In the most basic terms; women with lower testosterone gain weight much, much faster than those that fall into the normal category.
Women have much higher levels of estrogen than men. And its this hormone that could be responsible for fast weight gain in women. As testosterone drops, estrogen becomes more prominent.
Fat cells contain estrogen, and this can start a vicious cycle of weight gain off.
Studies show that women with lower T levels suffer from appetite dysregulation. As steroid levels drop, the hormone responsible for regulating food intake (leptin) becomes less active.
This means youre much more likely to overeat too.
In order to help you lose weight, you need to manage not only your energy balance but testosterone levels as well.
Reducing your food intake and generally being more active is a great way to kick off the weight loss process. But to nip weight issues right in the bud you also have to get to the root cause testosterone levels.
Studies have shown that women find it easier to lose fat if their hormone levels fall within normal parameters.
Correcting your low testosterone will boost your metabolic rate. This helps you develop lean muscles while also chipping away at excess fat stores, leaving you with a much leaner, shapely and athletic body thatll be the envy of every other woman.
When it comes to treating low T, there are two main routes you can go down.
The problem with bio-grade medication such as testosterone replacement therapies (creams, patches or injections) is that they dont always work and are full of side effects too.
The natural approach is much safer. It doesnt rely on synthetic hormones, but instead teaches your body to produce its own testosterone, slowly, safely and effectively.
A key weapon for women to win the war against low testosterone is to take up strength training.
Were not necessarily saying you have to start power lifting or bodybuilding but regular resistance training has been shown to elevate testosterone levels in a load of different studies.
Not sure where to start?
Keep it basic.
Aim for 2-3 full-body workouts each week. Choose 7 exercises that hit all of your major muscle groups, and lift challenging weights for 3 sets of 8-15 reps.
Heres a sample plan for you to try:
Strength training is a great calorie burner and sparks off some real fat loss too. You might be worried about getting bulky or overly-muscular, but dont be.
Unless youre using steroids or other aggressive pharmaceutical medications, the only side effect from lifting weights will be a curvier, leaner and more athletic figure.
You might have heard about testosterone boosters already. They are a natural product made up of specialized vitamins and minerals that target the regions of your brain responsible for producing testosterone.
This means that instead of harsh and often dangerous steroid medications, you use the power of nutrition to influencetestosterone release.
Testosterone boosters act like a gentle alarm clock, gently nudging your body into making more hormones.
Steroids and invasive testosterone therapy are completely different. testosterone replacement therapy acts more like taking a sledgehammer to your brain it might be effective at first, but youll soon begin to suffer horrible side effects.
Take a look at our curated list of the most effectiveTestosterone Boosters on the market which are effective for Women
Go here to see the original:
Testosterone For Women's Weight Loss - It's Not All About ...
- Weight Loss and Testosterone | TRTMD Men's Health Clinic - June 23rd, 2019
- The Keto Diet Plan and Weight Loss for Men Revive Low T ... - May 11th, 2019
- How to use Testosterone Cream for Women to Boost Weight Loss ... - April 15th, 2019
- Low Testosterone & Wellness Center | Allen, TX - April 9th, 2019
- Weight Loss Glen Allen VA - Rejuvenate MD | HRT - April 8th, 2019
- Testosterone Weight Loss Case Study: 20 # Lost with ... - March 6th, 2019
- How Increasing Testosterone Helps Weight Loss In Men Over 40 - November 23rd, 2018
- The Untold Testosterone Story for Women | Dr. Tami - May 31st, 2018
- Pregnenolone Weight Loss Regimen: The Master Hormone for ... - February 21st, 2018
- Fitness for Weight Loss Blog - February 8th, 2018
- Dr. Marlowe's Weight Loss Institute. 400 Clarice Ave ... - February 8th, 2018
- Testosterone and Weight Loss -How do they affect each other? - January 31st, 2018
- Synergenx Health, Testosterone & Weight Loss - Yelp - December 25th, 2017
- Testosterone and Rapid Weight Loss | Iron Man Magazine - December 6th, 2017
- Testosterone - Medical Center Weight Loss Clinic - San ... - October 6th, 2017
- Testosterone and Weight Loss - October 1st, 2017
- Weight and cancer risk - MyDaytonDailyNews - September 6th, 2017
- How to ensure your body gets the right balance of hormones - Economic Times - September 6th, 2017
- Day or night ... why anytime is the right time for getting a good workout - Belfast Telegraph - September 6th, 2017
- Chemotherapy drugs for colon cancer - Clenbuterol cycle for female weight loss - Magnetic Media (press release) - September 3rd, 2017
- Five ways to overcome testosterone decline - The Sport Review - September 3rd, 2017
- polycystic ovarian syndrome: A common cause of female infertility - NIGERIAN TRIBUNE (press release) (blog) - September 2nd, 2017
- How obesity can lead to erectile dysfunction - TheHealthSite - September 2nd, 2017
- A story of 'enduranz' - Business Mirror - August 31st, 2017
- Why you need to go off keto - Mumbai Mirror - August 28th, 2017
- Here Are The Answers To The Most Asked Question About Bodybuilding Steroids - MensXP.com - August 25th, 2017
- Obesity and its implications on sexual heath - The Navhind Times - August 25th, 2017
- How food can help, harm fertility - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette - August 25th, 2017
- Male hair loss: Three ways to reduce YOUR risk of going bald - Express.co.uk - August 25th, 2017
- Bigelow Center presents free talk by Dr. Woznitzer - Fairfield Sun - August 24th, 2017
- Real Men Wear Gowns: Why men aren't taking their health seriously - KARE - August 18th, 2017
- SEXUAL HEALTH: It's no laughing matter - Daily Nation - August 18th, 2017
- Researchers Track an Unlikely Culprit in Weight Gain - New York Times - August 11th, 2017
- Top health benefits of green chillies - The Statesman - August 11th, 2017
- The Strength Of Strength Training - Outlook India - August 11th, 2017
- The best time of the day for your team to be productive - Human Resources Online - August 11th, 2017
- Man flu is real, but women get more autoimmune diseases and allergies - Medical Xpress - August 7th, 2017
- Albuterol sulfate overdose treatment - How fast does albuterol work for weight loss - Hayati Magazine (blog) - August 2nd, 2017
- Myth 1: Weightlifting Makes You Bulk Up - POPSUGAR Australia - August 2nd, 2017
- Fitness trends - Daily News & Analysis - August 2nd, 2017
- Trying to conceive? Think about your diet - Independent Online - August 2nd, 2017
- FINA Announces Three Doping Suspensions - SwimSwam - July 31st, 2017
- Can Testosterone Help You Lose Weight? | Men's Fitness - July 31st, 2017
- Trying to conceive? Think about what you're eating - Stuff.co.nz - July 31st, 2017
- AbbVie Ordered to Pay $150 Million Damages in 'Low-T' Trial - Bloomberg - July 31st, 2017
- What military recruiters aren't telling women: You'll face disproportionate health risks - Los Angeles Times - July 31st, 2017
- The Top 5 Myths About Weightlifting That Need to Be Busted - POPSUGAR - July 31st, 2017
- 7 Beets Benefits For Your Health, From Losing Weight To Better Sex - Medical Daily - July 31st, 2017
- What Men should Know About Testosterone and Weight Loss - July 10th, 2017
- 5 'No Brainer' Rules Of Starting A Weight Loss Journey For Beginners - MensXP.com - July 10th, 2017
- Why Can't I Get Rid Of My Belly Fat? Here Are 7 Reasons - Huffington Post Australia - July 10th, 2017
- Vitamin D Deficiency in Men - Reports Healthcare - July 8th, 2017
- Amazing Weight Loss & Wellness - Flower Mound, TX | (972 ... - July 8th, 2017
- Does when we eat matter - Independent.ie - July 8th, 2017