Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Today is day 40 of the whole life challenge. 26 days to cheese!
I received some listener feedback.
I am Facebook friends with a lot of listeners, I always welcome feedback. One of my most vocal listeners is Tori. Tori is a beautiful 20 somethinger from Canada by the way of Australia. I love her accent.
Tori was overweight as a child, and went through her school years overweight, with all the fun that entails, but has since lost the weight and has kept it off for years now.
Tori told me that the episodes are so boring now that she cant even listen. But she loves Erin. (I agree with Tori)
So if I break this down, the show is boring, you are good, I must be bringing down the shows entertainment value.
Now I dont want you to think that I only receive negative feedback.
Now I do positive feedback:
Just listened to your last 2 episodes. Just wanted to let to you know it really touched my heart. We all go through struggles with food. Your honesty is refreshing. Personally I dont need to hear about how great people are doing all the time. That is just not realistic. Please, please continue to do more because you are not alone.
Hi John! Im a fan and have listened to all your podcasts. I just wanted to suggest you have a look into the ketogenic diet (check out r/keto on reddit), it seems like something you might be interested in and might suit your lifestyle/preferences Its really helped me.
John Coz Costello
Hey John, I have been listening to your pod cast for some time and enjoy you blunt no nonsense commentary. The lapse and relapse episode really hit home. I lost 65lbs in 2011 and have gained back 31 lbs. Lately I have been gain a pound or two a week. You know the same old excuses. Blah blah..Since I listened to lapse and relapse, I have gotten back on my horse and made some positive progress and changes! I hope you are doing well. I am looking forward to your next pod cast, Its not whether you fall, its what you do after your fall. Failing or backsliding is not a character flaw..quitting is!!!
Well your podcasts have helped me . I still have weight to lose but you have a gift. Use it please. I am sure I am not the only one who misses your podcasts and you.
So getting back to Tori, she is not a fan of Militant programs Now a couple of years ago I paid $500.00 to join Lifestyle 180 from Leanness Lifestyle University. That is a program run by David Greenwalt. Now there are things about Lifestyle 180 I wasnt crazy about, but I lost 68 pounds in a short amount of time. I since gained it back but I was at my lowest weight in a long time on that program.
Tori believes in two things eat less move more. But Elizabeth Benson from the Primal Potential Podcast debunks this rumor on her 1st episode.
Myth Were Debunking: Eat less & move more is the way to lose weight. If weight loss was as simple as eat less and move more, we probably wouldnt have an obesity epidemic. This eat less/move more cycle has many of us chasing our tail, perpetually hungry, irritable and hormonally imbalanced.
Truth We Establish: Eating less & moving more actually works AGAINST your fat loss goals. It will likely only slow your metabolism, disturb your hormonal balance and make it harder for you to lose weight. The only people who benefit from the eat less, move more philosophy are those who write and sell the books pushing it. For the rest of us, it keeps us trapped. We are going down an unhappy path that doesnt lead us to our goals.
So Tori is right about me. I have tried all kinds of fad diets and programs that really didnt work for me.
Thesixth Lifestyle Practice, starting Saturday, June 6, is to write a Positivity Journal in your reflection each day. Every day of week 6, you will write, in your Daily Reflection, 3 positive things things you appreciate or just things you notice and are glad exist in your life.
To find more information about The Whole Life Challenge go to Whole Life Challenge
How to contact me with questions or comments
If you have a computer with a microphone you can record a voice message right on the Lets Reverse Obesity Website. (Click the Send Voice Mail Tab on the Right Side of the Website)
If you like the show and you havent already could you do me a favor and use this link to go to iTunes, subscribe to this podcast and give me a review on what you think of the show.
I have 24 reviews so far and they really help me move up in the rankings of other shows that deal with weight loss. Please dont be shy. I would love to say Im up to 30 reviews by the next episode and you could help me reach that goal.
The more positive reviews the show receives the higher the ranking in iTunes. Which would make it easier for people who are looking for information, inspiration, and motivation to find us. (Me & You)
Lets Reverse Obesity.com and the Lets Reverse Obesity Podcast are meant for informational purposes and do not constitute medical, nutritional, dietary, therapeutic, or any other advice. Any information on this site or in the podcast reflects Johns or his guests views and experiences only. You should always consult with a medical doctor, nurse, or other certified health professional before starting any diet, exercise, or any kind of health plan.
- The Human Body: A Gift and a Responsibility - BYU Speeches - May 14th, 2019
- Obesity - National Institute of Environmental Health Services - April 30th, 2019
- Home Page - Obesity Action Coalition - April 27th, 2019
- TPE obesity in the USA. - March 21st, 2019
- Cycling and obesity | Just Williams - March 21st, 2019
- Wired for Obesity: Genes Involved in Development Can ... - March 21st, 2019
- Atheism and obesity - Conservapedia - March 21st, 2019
- The Obesity Nightmare - March 21st, 2019
- Levels of Obesity (Tips.Net) - March 21st, 2019
- BMI Related Disease - BMI Calculator - March 12th, 2019
- What is obesity? - CNN Video - March 12th, 2019
- Obesity & BMI - Our World in Data - March 9th, 2019
- Obesity Statistics - Worldometers - February 8th, 2019
- Obesity Treatment - February 8th, 2019
- The Energy Drink Epidemic - ensign - lds.org - February 6th, 2019
- Missionary Health Preparation - ensign - lds.org - February 6th, 2019
- Provident Living | Word of Wisdom and Physical Health - February 6th, 2019
- Good HealthA Key to Joyous Living - Barbara B. Smith - February 6th, 2019
- Overweight and Obesity (for Parents) - January 20th, 2019
- Obesity - Causes - NHS - January 20th, 2019
- Obesity: The Journal of The Obesity Society - December 29th, 2018
- Obesity: Symptoms, Treatments, Causes, Tests & Preventions - December 9th, 2018
- Obesity | National Institute of Food and Agriculture - November 3rd, 2018
- World Rankings: Obesity Rates by Country (July 2017) - November 3rd, 2018
- Obesity | NIDDK - November 1st, 2018
- National Obesity Rates & Trends The State of Obesity - November 1st, 2018
- Obesity Rates & Trend Data The State of Obesity - October 8th, 2018
- 2nd International Conferennce on Nutritional Science & Obesity - September 24th, 2018
- Obesity and Cancer Fact Sheet - National Cancer Institute - September 2nd, 2018
- What is Obesity? - Medical News Today - July 25th, 2018
- Obesity and overweight - who.int - July 11th, 2018
- Obesity: Causes, Complications & Diagnosis - June 24th, 2018
- What is Obesity? - Obesity Action Coalition - June 24th, 2018
- Obesity epidemic grows in adults; perhaps levels off in ... - March 25th, 2018
- Obesity Is Lowering the Life Expectancy in the U.S. | Time - March 25th, 2018
- Obesity, overweight tied to shorter life, more years with ... - March 25th, 2018
- Journal of Childhood Obesity |Open Access Journals - March 24th, 2018
- CDR's New Interdisciplinary Certification in Obesity and ... - March 24th, 2018
- Obesity ProCon.org - March 24th, 2018
- Obesity | Conditions & Treatments | UCSF Medical Center - March 24th, 2018
- Obesity - NHS.UK - March 22nd, 2018
- Why are Americans Obese? | PublicHealth.org - March 13th, 2018
- Obesity Epidemic Definition, Statistics, Causes & Facts - February 5th, 2018
- About NIH Obesity Research (Obesity Research) - February 1st, 2018
- Obesity: Get the Facts on Guidelines and Statistics - January 25th, 2018
- Overweight and Obesity | National Heart, Lung, and Blood ... - January 22nd, 2018
- Obesity - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo Clinic - December 31st, 2017
- Obesity - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - December 11th, 2017
- Obesity - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Complications ... - November 1st, 2017
- Obesity Facts, and When to Seek Help - webmd.com - October 13th, 2017
- West Virginia leads nation in obesity rates - The Montgomery Herald - September 6th, 2017
- CDC Data Show Obesity Among US Adults Remains High - AAFP News - September 6th, 2017
- Study: Nearly 32 percent of NC residents obese | Local News ... - Winston-Salem Journal - September 6th, 2017
- Connection Between Sleep And Obesity Is Enigmatic - American Council on Science and Health - September 6th, 2017
- Rare obesity disease player Rhythm Pharma sets out in search of a $115M IPO windfall - Endpoints News - September 6th, 2017
- Obesity epidemic at new high, costs $150B a year, hurts ... - September 5th, 2017
- Disease of Obesity - American Society for Metabolic and ... - September 5th, 2017
- Kansas only state to reduce adult obesity rate in 2016 - Dodge City Daily Globe - September 5th, 2017
- Don't blame food stamps for obesity in America - GreenwichTime - Greenwich Time - September 5th, 2017
- More than 1 of 4 New Yorkers is Obese in New Study while Overall Obesity Rise is Leveling Off - WAER - September 5th, 2017
- More obesity operations could help thousands of Britons, surgeons say - Treehugger - September 5th, 2017
- Weight's Over: Arkansas's Obesity Rank Jumps To 3rd In New Report - KASU - September 5th, 2017
- Take a stand against childhood obesity - BizTimes.com (Milwaukee) - September 5th, 2017
- Dietitian hopes to help lower state's obesity rate - Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal - September 4th, 2017
- Obesity report: One-third of US adults are beyond overweight - WDEF News 12 - September 4th, 2017
- Dust particles may contribute to obesity, study shows - Duke Chronicle - September 4th, 2017
- September is Childhood Obesity Awareness Month - Greensburg Daily News - September 3rd, 2017
- Colorado Obesity Rate Increases - Still Lowest in the Nation - Kiowa County Press - September 3rd, 2017
- Apollo bags CE mark for longer-term obesity balloon - FierceBiotech - September 3rd, 2017
- Hold that corn dog. Minnesota obesity is on the rise - Minneapolis Star Tribune - September 2nd, 2017
- American obesity report: 1 in 3 adults are beyond overweight ... - Chicago Tribune - September 2nd, 2017
- Scientists Discovered a Protein that Could Lead to a Treatment for ... - Futurism - September 2nd, 2017
- UK needs to perform thousands more obesity operations, say ... - The Guardian - September 2nd, 2017
- Can obesity rates be reversed? - The Business Journals - September 2nd, 2017
- Do You Live In the Fattest State In America? - Men's Health - September 2nd, 2017
- Early pregnancy weight gain may increase risk of childhood obesity - The Boston Globe - August 29th, 2017
- High Calorie Foods May Increase Cancer Risk Regardless Of Obesity Status, Study Finds - CBS Philly - August 29th, 2017
- ESC: Is Low BMI a Bigger Problem than Obesity After PCI? - MedPage Today - August 29th, 2017
- The obesity myth: experts tackle a big problem to deliver new solutions - The Sydney Morning Herald - August 29th, 2017
- Obesity and Pregnancy - ACOG - August 27th, 2017