Hormone Replacement Therapy For Weight Loss
There is a definite case to be made for the role of hormones in weight management. When our hormones are out of balance, we can experience weight gain and sluggishness that leads to less exercise. This reduction in our physical activity can compound the problem by resulting in more weight gain. Luckily, this is a fight you may be able to win by simply changing a few bad habits. Ultimately, learning how to balance your hormones can help you lose weight.
First Stop: Stress Many people find that, when under stress, they eat more. While this propensity to over indulge could be the result of an emotional issue, it is more often a result of the hormone Cortisol. Cortisol is released by your body when you have the need for adrenaline; this is often referred to as, fight or flight. If you were in a physically dangerous position and needed extra energy to fight someone or flee from something, the release of some of your stored glucose as a result of Cortisol would give you the energy to punch or run. After a release of Cortisol, you find yourself hungry and exhausted.
In todays society, stress most often comes from work or family situations and, while your body still releases the Cortisol to help you fight or flee- you dont actually need it. Everyday stressful situations are not resolved my punching your boss in the face or running away from paperwork. So now, you have the exhaustion after the Cortisol is released and the hunger afterward- but no actual glucose burned from physical activity.
Next Stop: Metabolism Your thyroid is a tricky beast. It is a small gland in your throat that produces two hormones (Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine) which work to increase your metabolism and help you burn more calories throughout the day. When the thyroid doesnt work properly, your metabolism could slow and you could find yourself suddenly gaining a large amount of weight- even without making any changes to your diet. Youll also feel sluggish, leaving no energy for exercise.
Last Stop: Insulin Insulin is yet another hormone that can cause you to gain weight. When your pancreas doesnt produce enough insulin, then the food your body breaks down into glucose gets stored as fat. Switching to a higher protein diet and cutting out simple carbohydrates while adding exercise to your daily routine can help you win this battle.
Understanding your bodys relationship with hormones can help you lose weight in a safe way and can impact your health in other positive ways.
When people feel bad, many times they chalk it up to a bad day or a dietary imbalance. Of course, you might suffer from a vitamin or mineral deficiency, but many times people eat well enough to prevent this from happening. Another cause could be a chronic condition or disease, but again if you are getting regular checkups at the doctors office, these should be spotted rather quickly. One of the most common conditions that is also rarely self-diagnosed accurately, is having low testosterone.
Although testosterone is usually seen as a male hormone, the truth is that both males and females need it. Testosterone is a common hormone in both sexes used for muscle and bone strength and is essential to maintain high energy levels. Women produce less testosterone after menopause and often have to supplement their bodies during this time. Estrogen boosters also reduce testosterone levels in women (the same goes for men, but men rarely supplement with estrogen).
Some common low testosterone symptoms are fatigue, difficulty gaining or maintaining muscle, depression, and loss of strength. More than four million men suffer from low testosterone levels, largely in part because many either dont seek treatment or dont understand the condition. Low testosterone is a problem that is generally believed to occur among older men, however men in their 30s and 40s also suffer from low testosterone levels.
The reason that athletes take steroids, which include testosterone among other hormones, is that they help reduce body fat, improve muscle growth, and improve energy levels. A testosterone deficiency can have the opposite effect, which usually goes hand in hand with depression.
Our Physicianscan prescribe hormone replacement therapy to increase the testosterone levels in your body so that you dont have to suffer from mood swings, irritability, and a lack of energy. If you are active, then any sort of physical exercise can deplete your testosterone levels, leaving you constantly fatigued and unable to heal. If you think you have any of these symptoms, it is important that you talk to a doctor as soon as possible.
You can ask your doctor for a blood test, where you can find out for certain if you suffer from low testosterone. A blood test is quick and easy and you can usually have your results back within a few days. Sometimes, you can have aspot reading so that you can start hormone replacement therapy immediately.
There has long been a cult of mystique around the advent of menopause in women. Women, differentiated from men by their ability to have children and menstruate, lose that ability when they grow older. Suddenly they are in a state of flux no longer of child bearing age, yet still in this day and age healthy and often vital. Now women live long, healthy and active lives after menopauseand they want to feel good, vital and happy while doing so. That is where hormone replacement therapy comes in.
Bioidentical hormone therapy (sometimes called bioidentical hormone replacement therapy or BHRT) is basically the term for the treatment of the hormone deficiencies caused when a women goes through menopause. Bioidentical hormone therapy uses molecules that are endogenous to the hormones already found in the human body, hence the term bioidentical.
You often hear about hormone replacement therapy for women, but bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is different in one supremely important way it uses human hormones, not the animal or synthetic hormones that are so often used in other popular and conventional forms of hormone replacement therapy.
Bioidentical hormone therapy uses many types of hormones, but the two major hormones used in bioidentical hormone therapy are estradiol and progesterone. Both of these hormones are available in FDA-approved forms.
Go here to see the original:
Hormone Replacement Therapy – Ideal Physician Weight Loss
- Youth Institute BHRT | Bioidentical Hormone Replacement ... - March 25th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | Optimal Health - March 12th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in New Jersey - HealthGains - December 12th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy San Antonio - December 10th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: Who Is a Candidate ... - December 10th, 2018
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy - The Menopause ... - December 10th, 2018
- The Pros & Cons of Hormone Replacement Therapy for Primal ... - December 10th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | INTEGRIS - December 10th, 2018
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for ... - BioTE Medical - December 4th, 2018
- What to Know Now About Hormone Replacement Therapy - December 4th, 2018
- Menopause - Wikipedia - December 4th, 2018
- West Palm Beach, Florida - Hormone Replacement Therapy in ... - November 27th, 2018
- Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy in Florida | Genemedics - November 27th, 2018
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Washington ... - November 2nd, 2018
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy | BHRT | BioTE ... - November 2nd, 2018
- Hormone Health | Benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy ... - October 2nd, 2018
- Menopause treatment | womenshealth.gov - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement - Absolute Pharmacy - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy :Yes or No?: How to Make an ... - October 1st, 2018
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy | Natural Bio Health - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women | Natural Bio Health - October 1st, 2018
- Hormonal Therapy for Treating Breast Cancer | Breastcancer.org - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - San Antonio, TX - Infertility ... - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in Norman, Oklahoma | BHC - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Greensboro - Coley Cosmetic - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Baton Rouge, Lafayette - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Therapy Clinic San Antonio | HRT for Women & Men - October 1st, 2018
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy | Your Wellness Center - August 25th, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone Replacement & HGH Injections - August 25th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) | International ... - August 25th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | Hormonal Imbalance Treatment - April 28th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctors in New York - HRT ... - April 20th, 2018
- Hormone replacement therapy - NHS Direct Wales - March 23rd, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | HRT | Menopause | MedlinePlus - March 4th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Hormone Doctor | Elite HRT - January 10th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Cincinnati, OH | Blue Ash HRT - December 7th, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Your Wellness Center - December 7th, 2017
- HRT: Hormone replacement therapy Q&A - WebMD Boots - December 3rd, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Natural Alternatives Dr ... - November 2nd, 2017
- hormone replacement therapy - North American Menopause ... - November 2nd, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Menopause - webmd.com - October 13th, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men: What to Know - September 27th, 2017
- Vaginal estrogen not tied to cancer or heart disease risks - Reuters - September 7th, 2017
- Making your way through Menopause - WOWT - September 7th, 2017
- Menopause updates - ModernMedicine - September 6th, 2017
- Edina clinic ranked in top 10 in state - The Sun Current - September 6th, 2017
- 10 questions every woman should ask about menopause - New York Daily News - September 4th, 2017
- Does Post-Menopausal Hormone Replacement Heighten Sexual Function? - MedPage Today - September 4th, 2017
- 'Trans identities are identities, and not a condition,' says advocacy ... - CBC.ca - September 4th, 2017
- Hormone pellets offer menopause symptom relief - WZVN-TV - September 4th, 2017
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NYSE:NVO) Closed 7.1% Above Its 50 Day Moving Average - Modern Readers - September 4th, 2017
- 10 Transgender People Share What They Wish They Knew Before Transitioning - SELF - August 29th, 2017
- Queer Student Union revamps for fall semester - College Heights Herald - August 29th, 2017
- Transgender bathroom battle could be headed back to Supreme Court - Washington Examiner - August 29th, 2017
- Wales' first transgender healthcare clinic set for Cardiff - BBC News - August 26th, 2017
- A tale of transition - QNotes - August 26th, 2017
- Transgender YouTubers had their videos grabbed to train facial recognition software - The Verge - August 23rd, 2017
- How I regenerated along with 'Doctor Who' - Syfy - SYFY WIRE (blog) - August 23rd, 2017
- Being on the brink of puberty is scary and expensive for this transgender kid and her family - KRCU - August 23rd, 2017
- HRT skin patch 'has less stroke risk' than pills, study - Gears Of Biz - August 21st, 2017
- Being on the brink of puberty is scary and expensive for this transgender kid and her family - KBIA - August 21st, 2017
- Md. Medicaid should cover trans-specific care - Baltimore Sun - August 13th, 2017
- What's the Cultural Impact of Transgender Characters on TV? - Newsweek - August 13th, 2017
- Transitioning: Controversy, corrections and new-found peace, Misty Lane is finally finding happiness with herself - Douglas Budget - August 13th, 2017
- Niwot author pioneers interventions for Autoimmune Disease - Left Hand Valley Courier - August 13th, 2017
- Why Some Are Saying Marijuana May Increase Stroke And Heart Failure - The Fresh Toast - August 11th, 2017
- Top five misconceptions about menopause - Starts at 60 - August 11th, 2017
- Women more at risk of stroke. - Story | WeAreCentralPA | WTAJ - WTAJ - August 11th, 2017
- Jillian Bearden Starts the Colorado Classic as the First US Transgender Woman in a Pro Tour - Bicycling - August 10th, 2017
- Stroke Rates Drop for US Men, But Not Women - Sioux City Journal - August 10th, 2017
- I was an intersex child who had surgery. Don't put other kids through this. - kgw.com - August 9th, 2017
- Transgender candidate faces off against longtime conservative - W*USA 9 - August 9th, 2017
- Parents and Doctors, Hold Off on This 'Devastating' Surgery - Newser - August 9th, 2017
- Perimenopause Problems: How Changing Hormones Exacerbate ADHD Symptoms - ADDitude - August 9th, 2017
- RI requires coverage for 'fertility preservation' by private insurers - The Providence Journal - August 4th, 2017
- Transgender man gives birth to baby boy - New Haven Register - August 4th, 2017
- Trump's military ban isn't just attacking trans service members it's attacking healthcare for all transgender people - HelloGiggles - August 2nd, 2017
- She's one of the Army's first transitioned transgender soldiers and ... - NavyTimes.com - August 2nd, 2017
- Anti-aging and aesthetics industry facts may surprise you - Los Angeles Post-Examiner - August 1st, 2017
- What The Heck Is Vaginal Laser Therapy, And Should You Try It? - Prevention.com - July 31st, 2017