The workout of the moment is definitelyHIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training).
This method of exercise describes a workout which alternates between high intense bursts of exercise for a set time, followed by less intense workouts or a rest period.
For example, try running as fast as you can for one minute and then walking for two minutes. Repeat that three-minute exercise five times for a total of 15 minutes. Sound easy? Dont be fooled,this highly-effective way to burn the fat and stay toned will be the best thing to add into your workout.
To begin with, HIIT is very time-efficient and will mean that no matter what your schedule is you can get your exercise in whether you want to squeeze in a workout during your lunch break, or are more interested in using your time more wisely outside of the gym.
Research shows you can achieve more progress in a mere 15 minutes of interval training (when done three times a week) than jogging on the treadmill for an hour. Its documented that just two weeks of high-intensity intervals improves your aerobic capacity as much as six to eight weeks of endurance training.
Not only do you burn more calories during a HIIT session, but the effect of all that intense exertion kicks your bodys repair cycle into hyperdrive. That means you burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a HIIT workout than you do after, say, a steady-paced jog.
Most people arent used to pushing into the anaerobic zone that lovely place where you cant breathe and you feel like your heart is trying to jump out of your chest but in this case, extreme training produces extreme results. Further recent studies foundthat after eight weeks of doing HIIT workouts, individuals could bicycle twice as long as they could before the study, while maintaining the same pace.
Running, biking, jump roping, and rowing all work great for HIIT, but you dont need any equipment to get it done. High knees, fast feet, or anything plyometric like jumping, lunges work just as well to get your heart rate up fast. In fact, some equipment like dumbbells can make HIIT less effective because you want the focus to be on pushing your heart to its max, not your biceps.
When doing my HIIT sessions I include mountain climbers, high knees, burpees and squat jumps.
Anyone who s been on a diet knows that its hard to not lose muscle mass along with fat. While steady state cardio seems to encourage muscle loss, studies show that both weight training and HIIT workouts allow dieters to preserve their hard-earned muscles while ensuring most of the weight lost comes from fat stores. What a dream come true is that?
In addition to increased fat burning and more muscle preservation, HIIT stimulates production of your human growth hormone (HGH) during the 24 hours after you FINISH your workout. This is great news since HGH is not only responsible for increased caloric burn but also slows down the ageing process, making you younger both inside and out! Start saving the cash on that expensive eye cream.
Remember you can do it anywhere. Since its such a simple concept going at maximum effort for a short period of time, followed by a recovery period, and repeat you can adapt it to whatever time and space constraints you have. You do notneed a gym for HIIT, so theres no excuses there.
I like to do my HIIT sessions solo and I strongly suggest you do it this way too. This is because HIIT requires focus and is all about maximising your effort and keeping on track with rest periods. If being done correctly, you will not have the ability to speak in the rest zone so chat to your friend once the 15 minutes is up.
So all thats left is to look at your current fitness regime and see where you would like to fit your HIIT sessions in. I opt for Tuesdays and Thursdays so I can do my resistance training on the other days.
Give it a go, stick at it, and remember you are going to sweat so dont forget your towel!
Check me out onTwitter,Instagramor atcharliekingfitness.com
See the original post here:
Charlie King on the hottest workout of the moment and why you should be doing it - Gay Times Magazine
- HGH For Weight Loss Cycle - Before And After | HGH.to - September 10th, 2019
- HGH For Weight Loss | HGH Injections For Sale In Vallarta - July 11th, 2019
- HGH for Weight Loss: How to Use It? | WorldHGH.com - May 3rd, 2019
- 9 Benefits of Human Growth Hormone (Along with Side ... - April 30th, 2019
- Infrared Sauna Weight Loss - What's the Skinny? | Jacuzzi ... - April 26th, 2019
- HGH for Weight Loss - hcgplatinum.com - April 15th, 2019
- HGH Weight Loss: Reviews, Deals, Discounts & Where to Buy. - March 12th, 2019
- HGH Weight Loss Package - 3 Month Supply - hgh.com - February 20th, 2019
- Soma Spray For Long Term Weight Loss | HGH.com - February 7th, 2019
- Does SeroVital hGH Work? A Sales-Free Review (Updated for ... - February 1st, 2019
- Weight Loss Supplements - Fat Blockers | HGH.com - December 26th, 2018
- Truth About Rapid Weight Loss - hgh.com - December 22nd, 2018
- HGH - Human Growth Hormone For Weight Loss And Muscle ... - November 27th, 2018
- HGH 30000 Nanos Spray For Long Term Weight Loss | HGH.com - November 11th, 2018
- Are HGH Side Effects As Serious As Diabetes, Cancer And ... - May 11th, 2018
- HGH for Weight Loss: How to Use It? | Jintropin.US - December 26th, 2017
- HGH Injections for Weight Loss in Women - Wellness MGT - December 26th, 2017
- How to Naturally Raise Your HGH Levels - mensfitness.com - November 27th, 2017
- Hydrox Slim For Rapid And Healthy Weight Loss | HGH.com - November 27th, 2017
- Help Me Lose Weight - HGH Doctors Prescribe HGH ... - November 2nd, 2017
- How Long Does It Take to Lose Weight on HGH - November 2nd, 2017
- HGH Benefits: Can HGH make You Lose Weight And Look Younger? - November 2nd, 2017
- HGH Weight Loss: The Shocking Truth Fullerton Personal ... - August 28th, 2017
- Seven Reasons To Engage In HIIT Workout - Guardian (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Samuel Sanchez positive for hGH-stimulating peptide - VeloNews - August 17th, 2017
- Proventil inhaler coupon - Ventolin weight loss dosage - Bournville Village - August 17th, 2017
- 3 Week Rapid Weight Loss - HGH.com - August 1st, 2017
- HGH.com - Natural Human Growth Hormone Supplements - August 1st, 2017
- Health & Wellness: 3 no-nonsense ways to kickstart a fitness routine ... - Williston Daily Herald - August 1st, 2017
- Weight Loss Patch, Burn Body Fat Patch, HGH ... - AgeForce - July 9th, 2017