Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy (NHRT) is the use of bio-identical hormones (estrogens, progesterone, and/or testosterone) to treat hormone imbalances and deficiencies. While it is natural for our bodies to gradually decrease (or stop) the production of important hormones over time, it doesnt make the symptoms any easier to handle. NHRT works to maintain a proper hormone balance, as well as alleviate the symptoms that are seen with decreased production or elimination, such as hot flashes, fatigue, loss of focus, weight gain, depression, loss of muscle mass, decreased sex drive, poor sleep, anxiety, osteoporosis, and ED (erectile dysfunction).
Bio-identical hormones, also known as bio-natural and bio-available hormones,are hormones chemically-identical to the naturally-occurring hormones produced or once produced in the body.The chemical structure, behaviors, and interactions with cell-surface receptors and other hormones are identical to those that naturally occur in the body. Because these hormones are not structurally altered, by law they cannot be patented.
Bio-identical hormones are superior tosynthetic hormones, which have beenchemically altered in a labto closely resemble the hormones already naturally-occurring in our bodies. Pharmaceutical companies alter these hormones so that they can obtain patent protection on the product. This allows them to obtain FDA-approval, acquire insurance coverage, and generate and protect profits.
As an example, the structures below represent the difference between natural progesterone and Provera. Provera, produced by Pfizer, was created to simulate the benefits of naturally-occurring progesterone in our body. Unfortunately for our bodies, because Provera has been altered, it yields a myriad of risks, including increased chances of cancer and other co-morbidities.
The same is true of the testosterone structures below:
We strive to be on the forefront of hormone optimization research, and believe that using bio-identical hormones is the best step in the path to helping our clients lives. To this end, we are proud to be a part of a select group of physician practices with an advanced-level training in the newly established Advanced Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (ABHRT) Certification Program. This allows us to use specialized pharmacies called Compounding Pharmacies to prescribe natural progesterone, testosterone, and estradiol for clients. You cannot find natural hormones at commercial pharmacies like Kroger, Walgreens, or CVS. A simple rule of thumb is that if the prescription is covered by insurance, it is not bio-identical/natural.
If it is determined that hormone replacement therapy could be beneficial for you, an individualized hormone replacement plan is established with a provider at the first hormone replacement therapy appointment.
Most commonly, compounded hormone pellets are used to deliver the bio-identical hormones into the body. After the first pellet insertion, peak lab levels are drawn around 5 weeks. These lab results are then reviewed with a medical provider to ensure appropriate hormone doses are prescribed. Recurring pellet insertions are scheduled every 3-6 months depending on your medical history.
At Your Wellness Center, the providers interpret lab results differently compared to conventional methods. The providers look to treat you and your symptoms, not whether or not your blood draw number falls within the normal range on a piece of paper. We see men and women every day who come in with normal lab results but are still experiencing a myriad of symptoms that would be associated with a low level. What that means to us at Your Wellness Center is that you are not part of this normal population and therefore shouldnt be treated as such. Our providers work with you to improve your quality of life, bring your lab levels to the best optimal ranges possible, and ensure that you are being treated as an individual, not just a number on a piece of paper.
Pellet therapy is the use of delivering bio-identical hormones (size of a grain of rice) that are inserted typically under the skin of the fatty part of the buttocks. The pellets completely dissolve over a three to six month period leaving no residual effects under the skin. Our medical providers use a local anesthetic to make the procedure very tolerable. A tiny incision is made and the pellets are inserted using a small insertion device. A piece of tape is used to close the incision and the whole procedure takes only a few minutes.
On average, women spend between $900-$1,200 per year on Hormone Replacement Therapy. This includes all provider visits, necessary bloodwork, and any medications prescribed as part of the treatment plan.
Men, on the other hand, will spend between $1,600-$2,100 per year for the same associated costs.
There are no membership fees or yearly contracts at Your Wellness Center. We provide a Fee-for-Service program where you pay for the services as you receive them.
Find out now. Get started withthis freehormone imbalance self-assessment.
Contact us below or submit an online consultation form to learn more about how we can help you feel and function better. Our medical providers will work with you to develop a treatment plan to help you reach your health goals.
- Human Growth Hormone Replacement & HGH Injections - August 25th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) | International ... - August 25th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | Hormonal Imbalance Treatment - April 28th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctors in New York - HRT ... - April 20th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Ideal Physician Weight Loss - March 29th, 2018
- Hormone replacement therapy - NHS Direct Wales - March 23rd, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | HRT | Menopause | MedlinePlus - March 4th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Hormone Doctor | Elite HRT - January 10th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Cincinnati, OH | Blue Ash HRT - December 7th, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Your Wellness Center - December 7th, 2017
- HRT: Hormone replacement therapy Q&A - WebMD Boots - December 3rd, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Natural Alternatives Dr ... - November 2nd, 2017
- hormone replacement therapy - North American Menopause ... - November 2nd, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Menopause - webmd.com - October 13th, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men: What to Know - September 27th, 2017
- Vaginal estrogen not tied to cancer or heart disease risks - Reuters - September 7th, 2017
- Making your way through Menopause - WOWT - September 7th, 2017
- Menopause updates - ModernMedicine - September 6th, 2017
- Edina clinic ranked in top 10 in state - The Sun Current - September 6th, 2017
- 10 questions every woman should ask about menopause - New York Daily News - September 4th, 2017
- Does Post-Menopausal Hormone Replacement Heighten Sexual Function? - MedPage Today - September 4th, 2017
- 'Trans identities are identities, and not a condition,' says advocacy ... - CBC.ca - September 4th, 2017
- Hormone pellets offer menopause symptom relief - WZVN-TV - September 4th, 2017
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NYSE:NVO) Closed 7.1% Above Its 50 Day Moving Average - Modern Readers - September 4th, 2017
- 10 Transgender People Share What They Wish They Knew Before Transitioning - SELF - August 29th, 2017
- Queer Student Union revamps for fall semester - College Heights Herald - August 29th, 2017
- Transgender bathroom battle could be headed back to Supreme Court - Washington Examiner - August 29th, 2017
- Wales' first transgender healthcare clinic set for Cardiff - BBC News - August 26th, 2017
- A tale of transition - QNotes - August 26th, 2017
- Transgender YouTubers had their videos grabbed to train facial recognition software - The Verge - August 23rd, 2017
- How I regenerated along with 'Doctor Who' - Syfy - SYFY WIRE (blog) - August 23rd, 2017
- Being on the brink of puberty is scary and expensive for this transgender kid and her family - KRCU - August 23rd, 2017
- HRT skin patch 'has less stroke risk' than pills, study - Gears Of Biz - August 21st, 2017
- Being on the brink of puberty is scary and expensive for this transgender kid and her family - KBIA - August 21st, 2017
- Md. Medicaid should cover trans-specific care - Baltimore Sun - August 13th, 2017
- What's the Cultural Impact of Transgender Characters on TV? - Newsweek - August 13th, 2017
- Transitioning: Controversy, corrections and new-found peace, Misty Lane is finally finding happiness with herself - Douglas Budget - August 13th, 2017
- Niwot author pioneers interventions for Autoimmune Disease - Left Hand Valley Courier - August 13th, 2017
- Why Some Are Saying Marijuana May Increase Stroke And Heart Failure - The Fresh Toast - August 11th, 2017
- Top five misconceptions about menopause - Starts at 60 - August 11th, 2017
- Women more at risk of stroke. - Story | WeAreCentralPA | WTAJ - WTAJ - August 11th, 2017
- Jillian Bearden Starts the Colorado Classic as the First US Transgender Woman in a Pro Tour - Bicycling - August 10th, 2017
- Stroke Rates Drop for US Men, But Not Women - Sioux City Journal - August 10th, 2017
- I was an intersex child who had surgery. Don't put other kids through this. - kgw.com - August 9th, 2017
- Transgender candidate faces off against longtime conservative - W*USA 9 - August 9th, 2017
- Parents and Doctors, Hold Off on This 'Devastating' Surgery - Newser - August 9th, 2017
- Perimenopause Problems: How Changing Hormones Exacerbate ADHD Symptoms - ADDitude - August 9th, 2017
- RI requires coverage for 'fertility preservation' by private insurers - The Providence Journal - August 4th, 2017
- Transgender man gives birth to baby boy - New Haven Register - August 4th, 2017
- Trump's military ban isn't just attacking trans service members it's attacking healthcare for all transgender people - HelloGiggles - August 2nd, 2017
- She's one of the Army's first transitioned transgender soldiers and ... - NavyTimes.com - August 2nd, 2017
- Anti-aging and aesthetics industry facts may surprise you - Los Angeles Post-Examiner - August 1st, 2017
- What The Heck Is Vaginal Laser Therapy, And Should You Try It? - Prevention.com - July 31st, 2017
- Estroven Sleep Cool for menopause is the answer to my prayers - ChicagoNow (blog) - July 31st, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market: Industry Players to Show High Growth Rate by 2024 - Monotone Critic - July 31st, 2017
- Health Scan: Diabetics who fast must get medical advice - The Jerusalem Post - July 31st, 2017
- Former Inmate Empowers Transgender Women in Colombian Prisons - NBCNews.com - July 10th, 2017
- Chemotherapy could trigger spread of cancer, research suggests - Blasting News - July 8th, 2017
- Caster Semenya could be forced to undertake hormone therapy for future Olympics - The Guardian - July 8th, 2017
- Norman area doctors: Women often ignore signs of heart attack - Norman Transcript - June 30th, 2017
- Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Overview, Industry ... - MilTech - June 30th, 2017
- Should I Seek Hormone Replacement Therapy? Here's The Answer! - AXcess News - June 29th, 2017
- Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Overview, Industry Top Manufactures, Market Size, Industry Growth ... - satPRnews (press release) - June 29th, 2017
- Is Fat But Fit A Big Fat Myth? - HuffPost - June 28th, 2017
- Mac Engel: It's time for baseball to allow the use of PEDs - Winona Daily News - June 28th, 2017
- Hair dyes may be linked to increased breast cancer risk, study shows - WSPA.com - June 27th, 2017
- Osteoarthritis is more common among women than men. Blame it on gender differences - Hindustan Times - June 27th, 2017
- Nutrients for Women's Health - Natural Products INSIDER - June 24th, 2017
- HRC releases video highlighting importance of Planned Parenthood for LGBTQ community - Metro Weekly - June 24th, 2017
- Augusta Pride kicks off eighth annual celebration - WJBF-TV - June 24th, 2017
- Women losing out over hormone therapy fears, some experts say ... - CBC.ca - June 24th, 2017
- When asked their sex, some are going with option 'X' - USA TODAY - June 22nd, 2017
- Everything You Need To Know About Testifying At Your State's Legislature - Elite Daily - June 22nd, 2017
- What it's like to be left infertile by cancer at the age of 23 - cosmopolitan.com (UK) - June 22nd, 2017
- What Is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy And What Are ... - NewsBlaze (registration) (blog) - June 22nd, 2017
- Cy-Fair opens new hormone replacement therapy clinics as interest ... - Community Impact Newspaper - June 22nd, 2017
- 'Sing Out Louise!' What Makes Amanda Keller an LGBT Hero in Alabama - Daily Beast - June 19th, 2017
- Magic Champion Sells His Trophy To Benefit Planned Parenthood - Kotaku - June 16th, 2017
- Tips for easing hot flashes - FOX 5 Atlanta - June 16th, 2017
- Essential oils and menopause: Can they help? - WXYZ - June 15th, 2017