Bio-identical Hormones are hormones that are identical to the hormones put out by our bodies. This is important in that our body recognizes the hormone structure, allowing it to attach to the hormone receptor site to be utilized effectively. The hormones are thought to be more easily processed in the body and therefore safer than synthetic hormones.
The functional hormone testing that we do, allow us to prescribe exactly what is needed in a ratio customized for your needs. Balance is the key. This allows a smaller total amount of hormones to be used and thus improving safety and decreasing risk.
BHRT restores the balance of hormones. We age because our hormones decline, not the other way around. By the age of 50, we are at approximately 50 percent of our hormone function for estrogen, progesterone, thyroid, DHEA, melatonin and growth hormone.
In Women, one of the first hormones to decline is progesterone, starting at around age 35. This decline leads to symptoms such a anxiety, lighter sleep, PMS, mood swings, irregular or heavier periods and weight gain.
Estrogen levels begin to decline at about age 45 in women and eventually wane at around age 51 at the official time of menopause. Changing estrogen levels produce hot flashes, skin and vaginal dryness, urinary tract symptoms, bone loss and cognitive decline.
Testosterone starts its decline in the late 30s and onward, producing a loss of desire for sex, joint and bone pain, muscle weakness, moodiness, anxiety, muscle loss and fat gain.
Symptoms in mid-life are the main reason that women request hormone balancing, but the more compelling reason is the potential to prevent degenerative disease. Every brain cell in the body has a receptor for thyroid, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone, as does every bone cell, vascular cell, heart cell, nerve cell, and every skin cell.
With that, it is probable that as hormone levels decline, so will stimulation to those cells. As stimulation declines, the cells degenerate leading to degenerative diseases such as heart disease, cognitive decline and osteoporosis. Prevention, at least partially, depends on the restoration of physiologic hormone balance.
Menopausal women experiencing hot flashes and mood swings must often weigh the benefits and risks of hormone replacement therapy.
More and more patients are considering bio-identical hormone therapy as a safer alternative.
Bio-identical hormones are used to treat the symptoms of menopause. Unlike traditional hormone replacement therapy, these hormones do not contain any synthetic components.
They are bio-chemically the same as the estrogen and progesterone made by the ovaries.
Therefore, the body doesnt distinguish between bio-identical hormones and those that are naturally produced.
Bio-identical hormones that are pre-made and distributed by major pharmaceutical companies have been rigorously tested and are FDA-approved.
Compounding pharmacies can also make bio-identical hormones that may be customized to the patient. While these compounded hormones are not cleared by the FDA, they are often comprised of FDA-approved ingredients.
Before taking bio-identical hormones it is important to visit a medical professional like Dr. Melinda Hall at The Menopause Center to thoroughly discuss treatment.
As we previously mentioned, the functional hormone testing that we conduct at Tysons Gynecology allows us to prescribe exactly what is needed in a ratio customized for each patient.
When compared to traditional hormone replacement therapy, researchers identified several benefits of bio-identical hormones. One significant advantage of bio-identical hormones is that they use natural progesterone and not synthetic progestin.
Synthetic progestin has been linked to a higher risk of breast cancer, while data reveals that natural progesterone does not increase a patients risk for breast cancer.
Additionally, natural progesterone may limit the swelling and bleeding that some patients experience from synthetic progestin.
If you would like additional information about bio-identical hormones and hormone replacement therapy, please call our office today to schedule an appointment.
Go here to read the rest:
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy – The Menopause …
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Renew Health ... - May 24th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy New York - NY Vitality - April 30th, 2019
- 2027 Hormone Replacement Therapy Market New Principle And ... - April 16th, 2019
- Trans* Florida Hormone Replacement Therapy - April 14th, 2019
- Tampa Hormone Replacement Therapy - Tampa Rejuvenation - April 14th, 2019
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) - NHS inform - April 14th, 2019
- Youth Institute BHRT | Bioidentical Hormone Replacement ... - March 25th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | Optimal Health - March 12th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in New Jersey - HealthGains - December 12th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy San Antonio - December 10th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: Who Is a Candidate ... - December 10th, 2018
- The Pros & Cons of Hormone Replacement Therapy for Primal ... - December 10th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | INTEGRIS - December 10th, 2018
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for ... - BioTE Medical - December 4th, 2018
- What to Know Now About Hormone Replacement Therapy - December 4th, 2018
- Menopause - Wikipedia - December 4th, 2018
- West Palm Beach, Florida - Hormone Replacement Therapy in ... - November 27th, 2018
- Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy in Florida | Genemedics - November 27th, 2018
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Washington ... - November 2nd, 2018
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy | BHRT | BioTE ... - November 2nd, 2018
- Hormone Health | Benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy ... - October 2nd, 2018
- Menopause treatment | womenshealth.gov - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement - Absolute Pharmacy - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy :Yes or No?: How to Make an ... - October 1st, 2018
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy | Natural Bio Health - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women | Natural Bio Health - October 1st, 2018
- Hormonal Therapy for Treating Breast Cancer | Breastcancer.org - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - San Antonio, TX - Infertility ... - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in Norman, Oklahoma | BHC - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Greensboro - Coley Cosmetic - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Baton Rouge, Lafayette - October 1st, 2018
- Hormone Therapy Clinic San Antonio | HRT for Women & Men - October 1st, 2018
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy | Your Wellness Center - August 25th, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone Replacement & HGH Injections - August 25th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) | International ... - August 25th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | Hormonal Imbalance Treatment - April 28th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctors in New York - HRT ... - April 20th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Ideal Physician Weight Loss - March 29th, 2018
- Hormone replacement therapy - NHS Direct Wales - March 23rd, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy | HRT | Menopause | MedlinePlus - March 4th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Hormone Doctor | Elite HRT - January 10th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Cincinnati, OH | Blue Ash HRT - December 7th, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - Your Wellness Center - December 7th, 2017
- HRT: Hormone replacement therapy Q&A - WebMD Boots - December 3rd, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Natural Alternatives Dr ... - November 2nd, 2017
- hormone replacement therapy - North American Menopause ... - November 2nd, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Menopause - webmd.com - October 13th, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men: What to Know - September 27th, 2017
- Vaginal estrogen not tied to cancer or heart disease risks - Reuters - September 7th, 2017
- Making your way through Menopause - WOWT - September 7th, 2017
- Menopause updates - ModernMedicine - September 6th, 2017
- Edina clinic ranked in top 10 in state - The Sun Current - September 6th, 2017
- 10 questions every woman should ask about menopause - New York Daily News - September 4th, 2017
- Does Post-Menopausal Hormone Replacement Heighten Sexual Function? - MedPage Today - September 4th, 2017
- 'Trans identities are identities, and not a condition,' says advocacy ... - CBC.ca - September 4th, 2017
- Hormone pellets offer menopause symptom relief - WZVN-TV - September 4th, 2017
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NYSE:NVO) Closed 7.1% Above Its 50 Day Moving Average - Modern Readers - September 4th, 2017
- 10 Transgender People Share What They Wish They Knew Before Transitioning - SELF - August 29th, 2017
- Queer Student Union revamps for fall semester - College Heights Herald - August 29th, 2017
- Transgender bathroom battle could be headed back to Supreme Court - Washington Examiner - August 29th, 2017
- Wales' first transgender healthcare clinic set for Cardiff - BBC News - August 26th, 2017
- A tale of transition - QNotes - August 26th, 2017
- Transgender YouTubers had their videos grabbed to train facial recognition software - The Verge - August 23rd, 2017
- How I regenerated along with 'Doctor Who' - Syfy - SYFY WIRE (blog) - August 23rd, 2017
- Being on the brink of puberty is scary and expensive for this transgender kid and her family - KRCU - August 23rd, 2017
- HRT skin patch 'has less stroke risk' than pills, study - Gears Of Biz - August 21st, 2017
- Being on the brink of puberty is scary and expensive for this transgender kid and her family - KBIA - August 21st, 2017
- Md. Medicaid should cover trans-specific care - Baltimore Sun - August 13th, 2017
- What's the Cultural Impact of Transgender Characters on TV? - Newsweek - August 13th, 2017
- Transitioning: Controversy, corrections and new-found peace, Misty Lane is finally finding happiness with herself - Douglas Budget - August 13th, 2017
- Niwot author pioneers interventions for Autoimmune Disease - Left Hand Valley Courier - August 13th, 2017
- Why Some Are Saying Marijuana May Increase Stroke And Heart Failure - The Fresh Toast - August 11th, 2017
- Top five misconceptions about menopause - Starts at 60 - August 11th, 2017
- Women more at risk of stroke. - Story | WeAreCentralPA | WTAJ - WTAJ - August 11th, 2017
- Jillian Bearden Starts the Colorado Classic as the First US Transgender Woman in a Pro Tour - Bicycling - August 10th, 2017
- Stroke Rates Drop for US Men, But Not Women - Sioux City Journal - August 10th, 2017
- I was an intersex child who had surgery. Don't put other kids through this. - kgw.com - August 9th, 2017
- Transgender candidate faces off against longtime conservative - W*USA 9 - August 9th, 2017
- Parents and Doctors, Hold Off on This 'Devastating' Surgery - Newser - August 9th, 2017
- Perimenopause Problems: How Changing Hormones Exacerbate ADHD Symptoms - ADDitude - August 9th, 2017