As the summer rolls merrily along and we wait for the July 28th opening of training camp, lets open the Big Blue View mailbag and see what questions you currently have about the New York Giants.
Kevin Scanlon Sr. asks: Who is going into ring of honor this year and why isn’t Kyle Rote in it already? What game is the presentation?
Ed says: Kevin, thats a good question. As of now, to my knowledge, there has been no announcement about the Giants 2017 Ring of Honor. As for Rote, I really dont know what to tell you.
Tommy Williams asks: Do you see the Giants keeping 4 corners and 6 safeties because some can play corner and are too valuable?
Ed says: Thanks for the question, Tommy. Seriously, though, you want to go into the season with one reserve cornerback? Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been going in and out of the lineup for two years with leg issues. Eli Apple missed games last year with leg issues, and finished the spring with a hamstring issue. If anything, it probably ends up being a 6-4 or 5-4 split in the other direction. Besides, Im not sure who these safeties who can play corner are that you are talking about. Mykkele Thompson is probably the only one versatile enough right now to do both, and he is anything but a lock to make the roster.
pfunk81 asks: Since you were at minicamp, were you able to see any noticeable size difference in Donte Deayon this year compared to last year? I think most of the fan base is hoping he bulks up from the 159 pounds he weighed in at last year, otherwise he probably just won’t cut it in the NFL. Any thoughts on what minimum weight he should be to secure a roster spot?
Ed says: I talked to Deayon during OTAs, and he said I dont do numbers, but I did add seven to eight pounds. As for a minimum weight, remember that he is a small man to begin with at 5-foot-9. He cant add an unlimited amount of bulk, and it is possible he is already as heavy as he can safely be without losing speed or risking injuries to his legs. What it will come down to for Deayon is showing that at roughly 165 pounds he can consistently tackle bigger people everyone he plays against will be bigger and that he can make enough plays to offset the times his physical limitations will be a factor.
Matt Annunziata asks: For my question, say the Giants decide to go with King, Powe and Randolph as their last 3 WRs. If that were to happen, how much would they save by cutting Harris? Also, how much of an impact would that have on the 2018 salary cap? Also, if all stay healthy, do you foresee the possibility of this scenario, or similar one, happening?
Ed says: If the Giants cut Dwayne Harris before the 2017 season it certainly wont be for the purpose of saving salary cap space. If they wanted to do that, they would have done it already. They did reduce his base salary from $2.975 million to $2.475 million, which is really a minimal savings. Per Over The Cap, they could save $1.4 million by cutting him before the 2017 season, but the savings vs. the cap would be much greater doing so next year or the year after. If the Giants cut Harris it would be simply because they feel they have better options. Even though he had a down year as a returner last year, he is an incredibly valuable special teams player and I would be very surprised if the Giants cut him.
Adam Zenzer asks: How likely will it be for the Giants to keep both Bisnowaty and Chad Wheeler?
Ed says: Adam, anything can happen once training camp starts. Injuries, a roster move to pick up a veteran swing tackle, etc. Still, heres how I see it. Adam Bisnowaty seemed to know his assignments and was making a transition to right tackle during the spring. Hes a draft pick, hes making the team. As for Chad Wheeler, I believe its far more likely that he lands on the practice squad than the 53-man roster. The Giants would not have signed him as an undrafted free agent if they didnt think he had some ability, but he looks to me like he needs some serious time in the weight room. Yes, he worked with the second team during the spring, but that doesnt mean the Giants really see him as their second option at left tackle if Ereck Flowers gets hurt. I will be surprised if he is on the 53-man roster.
Malachi Hairston aks: Do you believe that Erick Flowers will have a redeeming season?
Ed says: The Giants are certainly banking on that, Malachi. What I believe is that there is reason for optimism that we will see at least moderate improvement. There was some improvement from his first year to his second. There should be some from Year 2 to Year 3. Also, the fact that he recognizes the need to get better and put in an offseason where his conditioning is obviously improved should be cause for optimism. That said, Flowers is probably always going to struggle with imperfect technique. Well see, but I would not expect Pro Bowl-level performance.
[E-mail Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org | Follow Big Blue View on Twitter | ‘Like’ Big Blue View on Facebook]
- 5 Ways Saxenda Helps with Weight Loss & How to use it Safely - May 19th, 2019
- Top 10 Weight Loss Programs 2019 - Reviews, Costs & Features - May 16th, 2019
- Weight Management | Weight Loss | Henry Ford Health System ... - May 16th, 2019
- 13 Easy Ways to Lose Water Weight (Fast and Safely) - April 25th, 2019
- Losing weight guide | healthdirect - April 5th, 2019
- How to lose weight safely - Food and nutrition | NHS inform - March 15th, 2019
- Alcohol and Losing Weight | Is Alcohol Bad for Weight Loss? - March 13th, 2019
- The Complete Guide to Safely and Healthily Losing Weight Fast - March 12th, 2019
- Rapid Weight Loss: Is It Safe? Does It Work? - webmd.com - February 23rd, 2019
- Losing weight safely? | Yahoo Answers - February 22nd, 2019
- Autorotation - Wikipedia - February 9th, 2019
- Top 5 Natural Appetite Suppressants to Help Lose Weight ... - January 31st, 2019
- Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Weight Loss - Pitta Ayurveda - January 31st, 2019
- Start the NHS weight loss plan - NHS - January 14th, 2019
- Pointers on Losing Weight Safely - December 15th, 2018
- How to Safely Lose Weight During Pregnancy - healthline.com - December 6th, 2018
- How Can I Lose Weight Safely? - kidshealth.org - November 22nd, 2018
- PCOS Diet: Stop Counting Calories and Start Losing Weight ... - June 29th, 2018
- Lose weight - Live Well - NHS Choices - May 21st, 2018
- Underactive Pituitary Gland (Hypopituitarism) - Healthline - March 5th, 2018
- The Pituitary Society | Glossary of Terms Related to ... - March 5th, 2018
- Hypopituitary: Pituitary Gland Disorder Causes & Treatments - March 5th, 2018
- List At Least 5 Tips And Guidelines For Losing Weight Safely - February 28th, 2018
- Weight Loss Help in Little Rock AR Lose A Pound A Day Safely - January 29th, 2018
- How to lose weight fast, but safely - Healthy tips for ... - December 7th, 2017
- 5 Ways to Lose Weight Safely - wikiHow - October 15th, 2017
- How To Lose Weight Fast and Safely - webmd.com - October 13th, 2017
- Hurricane Irma could follow in Hugo's deadly and destructive footsteps - Winston-Salem Journal - September 6th, 2017
- Lasix potassium sparing diuretic - Relex lasik thailand - Does lasix cause diabetes - GrungeCake (press release) (blog) - September 5th, 2017
- Nikkei falls to 1-week lows as North Korea tensions persist - Reuters - September 5th, 2017
- Millennials Down on Opioids - National Pain Report - September 4th, 2017
- How To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding Without Losing Your ... - September 4th, 2017
- How to Safely Use Weight Loss Shakes - wikiHow - August 25th, 2017
- Ask a Geriatrician: How can I prevent falls? - The Daily Progress - August 25th, 2017
- How Can I Lose Weight Safely? - August 19th, 2017
- Body & Mind Medical Weight Loss Center's Jump Start to Health Program Delivers Visible Results With 10-Day ... - PR Newswire (press release) - August 8th, 2017
- This is the diet Guy Sebastian did to look ripped on the cover of Men's Health - NEWS.com.au - August 8th, 2017
- The Keto diet: Is eating more fat the key to weight loss? - Arizona State University - August 8th, 2017
- 'More pressure on new mums to lose weight' Amy Childs slammed ... - goodtoknow - August 4th, 2017
- Family beach vacation spawns a marital battle - The Seattle Times - August 4th, 2017
- Losing weight safely - Business Mirror - August 3rd, 2017
- FAT BUSTER: He did this when he hit 100 kilos! - Times of India - July 31st, 2017
- OLDER AND WISER: It's important to get up and move around - North Shore News - July 31st, 2017
- Kris Harris: Unleash you're fitness animal - Longmont Times-Call - July 31st, 2017
- Trichomoniasis zithromax treatment - Medicine infographic - Van Wert independent - July 11th, 2017
- Propecia hair products - Propecia safe or not - Van Wert independent - July 9th, 2017
- Green Park Care Home placed in special measures by the Care Quality Commission after residents found to be at risk ... - Warrington Guardian - July 9th, 2017
- Samoa Joe Can't Be Stopped - Deadspin - July 9th, 2017
- 3rd time's the charm for SpaceX comsat launch - WSAW - July 8th, 2017
- 5 important hydration tips to stay safe in the heat - WRAL.com - July 5th, 2017
- SpaceX finally launches Falcon 9 rocket - WDEF News 12 - July 5th, 2017
- Diet Doc Examines the Drawbacks of the 'Coffee Diet' - GlobeNewswire (press release) - July 5th, 2017
- What is anorexia nervosa? Signs, symptoms and treatment options for the common disorder - The Sun - July 4th, 2017
- The one preventable health problem that's most likely to kill you - MarketWatch - June 30th, 2017
- Medically Managed Weight Loss: A Nonsurgical Approach to a Healthier Weight - Newswise (press release) - June 30th, 2017
- Chaotic Messaging: When Eating Disorders Enter the Media - Jewish Link of New Jersey - June 30th, 2017
- Four-star recruits haven't changed Pete - KTVB - June 29th, 2017
- The Best Way to Lose Weight Safely - livescience.com - June 28th, 2017
- How to Lose Water Weight - WomansDay.com (blog) - June 28th, 2017
- Netflix's 'To the Bone' Could Be Harmful to Those With Anorexia - SELF - June 28th, 2017
- I Tried A Diet And Fitness Plan Based On My DNA And Couldn't Believe The Results - BuzzFeed News - June 28th, 2017
- How to lose those last 5 pounds - Today.com - June 28th, 2017
- Shonda Rhimes Hated the Newfound Attention She Got After Losing Weight - SELF - June 28th, 2017
- Sharing decision to have weight loss surgery is purely personal choice - Billings Gazette - June 28th, 2017
- Could the hCG Diet Be 'Life Threatening'? - Yahoo Health - June 28th, 2017
- Holly Willoughby looks awkward as giggling Loose Woman Nadia Sawalha comments on her weight loss - The Sun - June 28th, 2017
- Diet Doc Weight Loss Program Offers Greater Customized Results Than The 'Blood Type Diet' - GlobeNewswire (press release) - June 27th, 2017
- Protein gels to stop deadly effects of muscle wasting due to cancer - Independent.ie - June 27th, 2017
- Don't 'Eat for Two' While Pregnant - Healthline - June 25th, 2017
- Levitra soft tabs 20mg - Queens Tribune - June 25th, 2017
- Many roads, one truth for cyclists - San Francisco Chronicle - June 22nd, 2017
- 7 Lifesaving Habits To Keep Heart Disease Away - Information Nigeria - June 21st, 2017
- The ST Guide To... losing weight and getting fit - The Straits Times - June 17th, 2017
- Losing weight? Vegetarian diets help shed twice as many pounds - SHEmazing - June 14th, 2017
- UFC Gym Santa Clarita's Functional Fitness Program Offers A Unique Workout Method For Community - KHTS Radio - June 14th, 2017
- Daniel Cormier on new CSAC weight rules: 'I have to be careful' - MMA Fighting - June 10th, 2017
- Operation Transformation star Karl Henry teaming up with TV3's Sinead Desmond to bring 18 hillwalkers up four ... - Irish Mirror - June 8th, 2017
- This fat pig is 80 pounds overweight. Its Billerica owner is under ... - Lowell Sun - June 7th, 2017
- Rapid Weight Loss Hypnosis Myths About Rapid Weight Loss And Fast Dieting - Good Herald - June 7th, 2017
- Wu-Yi Tea Diet a Less Expensive and Convenient Diet Regimen Alternative - Good Herald - June 7th, 2017